Rear Wiper HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtoons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know I know there have been several threads on this. I have read a ton and am completely dumb founded... I have checked the plug coming in and have proper voltage at all of them. When the rear window is unlatched the voltage is not there so I know that latch sensor is good. The wiper in the winter moved very slowly, on warmer days it worked fine. During the spring it stopped completely. I purchased a used one on eBay. Tried to bench test it, and test on the vehicle, nothing. Told the seller, he sent me another used one...same result. Sometimes it sounds like it tries and then stops. Two weeks ago it turned on and did one swipe find and stopped. WTF! Could it be that I have 3 faulty motors? Any info is appreciated.

2004 Yukon Denali XL

TeamBeard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same vehicle, 2004 GMC Yukon Denali. My rear wiper began acting up like a year ago. But worked for the most part. After taking all the rear plastic out and testing everything I could figure how to I came to the conclusion that the motor is bad.

Even opened up the motor itself and tried getting it to accuate(sp?) on its own. Meter was giving me power at the right times, sometimes....

Its still not fixed yet though, when I opened the tailgate the rubber sleeve over the wires that come from the car to the tailgate looked a little off.

After checking it it was not seating properly, I popped it out, saw how it fit and then put it back in properly, took a little finagling. Then I realized I should have looked around so I took it off again and sure enough...

There is an 8 plug power harnness thing there, when I unnplugged it 2 of the leads had burned and melted the plastic around them. Its the wires that have the tube line for the rear windshield washer fluid, which still works fine through all of this.

I'm trying to find this vehicle in a junk yard near me so I can get it off that instead of going to an autoparts store....that being said I'm pretty new at using a multimeter and I could just be wasting my time with it but it doesn't not give consistent reading from these burnt terminals.

Do you still have 3 working motors? Maybe you want to sell me one, maybe not. Let me know because I just may have bad wiring and a bad motor.

OP
OP
B

Bigtoons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think my motors are working properly. I've checked all wires and I have proper voltage at all the plug wires. I think the motors are shot. I guess my only option is to purchase a brand new one and see if it works...

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thread bump! I have a good motor that I pulled off my 06 Yukon when I shaved it off.

shadowbrah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up having to had a brand new ($400) rear window latch put in mine. And for ever reason, it didn't like the wiper motor. So I had to put a newer used motor ($200) in as well.

I know. Very frustrating! Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman