Rear wiper. How audible should it be?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delta88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 Yukon. This rear wiper is pretty loud. As they say, sounds like two robots fuggin. It works but wow. are they just this loud due to location in the rear hatch or?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Video of noise? Clean glass and get a new blade to allow for a quieter sweep of blade and therefore less resistance.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haven't really listened to the one in my wife's 16 but in all my other previous gen vehicles it has always been pretty much dead silent and never hear the thing. I also never use it and only notice it on if it was turned on by accident and I happen to be looking in the rear view mirror and see it moving.
maybe because they are moved up by the roof you hear it more?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is barely audible, so if your drowns out your radio, then I believe that you have an issue. You could try a little WD40 where the motor shaft goes into the rear lid's body.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2016 Yukon. This rear wiper is pretty loud. As they say, sounds like two robots fuggin. It works but wow. are they just this loud due to location in the rear hatch or?
On my 2016 Hoe it is dead silent. Used it maybe twice as I almost never turn it on. If it went belly up I would not fix it.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the ‘15 Yukon XL Denali it is silent. If it sounds like 2 robots getting it in then something is definitely not right.

That being said everyone has a different sound tolerance on what’s acceptable and what’s not.

Last edited:

k_arnold72

Reaction score
I think the first time I used mine, I thought I got rear ended. Not hard, but like a bumper tap. Surprised me a little.

p1zaul

Reaction score
Mine had same issue when purchased second hand, I noticed others were way less noisy and it ended up being the motor. It was in it's way out, pretty easy install and back to normal.

fr8bil

Reaction score
Speaking of the Yukon (2018 ) wiper blade, where are you folks finding replacement blades ? Not the short life rubber stuff but the Silicone blade that has better life. Looking at WallyWorld's listing book in the auto dept., the book doesn't even show a rear window blade for anyone of their three brands of wiper blades at all Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz