Rear Spring Spacer installation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
Heya fellas,
Ive been searching the net and forums looking for a bit of a write-up on the rear spring spacer install. Pretty dissapointing considering how many seem to go this route.
Anyone have something similar to a write-up or any advice on how to install these spacers? I have the 1.5 inchers,
thanks for the help

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
i've had this saved on my computer from here or gmfs or somewhere but i haven't done it yet to verify its acuracy

*it is not always 100% necessary to remove the tires, but i had to, and it is way easier to do it from the start than to realize you need to after the truck is off the ground*

- loosen the lug nuts
- jack the truck up
- put jackstands under the frame as far to the rear as you can go, and as high as you can safely go
- support the axle with the floor jack under the rear diff
- remove the tires
- unbolt the lower shock bolt
- unbolt the sway bar from the axle bracket
- lower the rear axle
- the coils will be loose, but probably not loose enough to pull out
- jack up one side of the axle forcing the other side to drop even closer to the ground
- remove the coil
- place spacer on top of the lower coil 'bucket'
- put coil back into place - this will take some force
- repeat on opposite side
- jack axle up from diff to align shocks and reinstall bolts
- reinstall swaybar bolts
- put the tires back on
- remove jackstands
- lower truck to the ground
- retighten lug nuts

i did not need a coil spring compressor, but some people need to use them. once the spacer is in place, it does take quite a bit of force to get the coil back into place....even with the axle at full droop. if you're concerned about it and you have air tools, go ahead and rent one before you get started.