Rear locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all I have a Question for ya My 03 Yukon is loaded it has I think 3.73 gears in also but thats not whats in question mine seams to one of the few that when in 4wd all for wheels are loacked together all others I have seen is 1 front 1 rear tire spin. I have come to notice that it seams when its cold out my rear, rear locks up when trying to turn foward and reverse I can feel it draging the oposite wheel. (that is in 2wd this happens)do you guys think it just needs fresh fluid.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
When you feel the rear wheel dragging, thats the rear locking up. It unlocks at like 15mph or somethin. In 4wd the truck will "hop" on dry pavement because the front and rear wheels are traveling at different speeds while the truck its self isnt.

OP
OP
str8wkd

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah but should it be locking like that in 2wd but only noticable when its below freazing outside

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madone01