Rear License Plate bulb socket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KelZu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So lately, I've noticed that the rear license plate bulb keeps going out. The bulbs are fine but the connection has a bit of rust. If I jiggle it a bit, it works fine but it does not stay on. Is this a quick fix or do I have to take the rear hatch apart to access the plug and replace it? Please advise.
I only noticed it now because it's starting to get dark sooner (Winter is coming!!!) lol.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So lately, I've noticed that the rear license plate bulb keeps going out. The bulbs are fine but the connection has a bit of rust. If I jiggle it a bit, it works fine but it does not stay on. Is this a quick fix or do I have to take the rear hatch apart to access the plug and replace it? Please advise.
I only noticed it now because it's starting to get dark sooner (Winter is coming!!!) lol.
clean it up with some wd40 then apply dielectric grease available at any auto parts store

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal