Rear Level seems lower than Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgctech

Reaction score
I recently purchased/Installed the McGaughys 30014 rear leveling kit (2") for my 15 Suburban (non-autoride), and the 33069 rear air bag helper kit. I noticed the rear looks lower than the front even though measuring shows that it is pretty dead level. I also noticed that the rear helper bag kit fully inflated at 35 psi doesn't entirely keep the rear level with a heavy load in the rear (online it says its for a 3"-5" lowering springs but McGaughy said I can use it with the 2" leveling spring). Also My HIDs seem to be projecting higher than normal and I get high beamed alot leading me to believe the rear is lower than the front.

I was thinking about lowering the front 1" but today at the market I noticed the front valance was barely clearing the curb when parking. is there an option to raise the rear about .5-.75 of an Inch. Also I cut the one Rib off of the stock bump stop but feel like it is hitting on bumps. Is there a recommended height for replacement bump stops after the 2" level (there is only about .5" clearance between the shaved bump stop and the axel)? Thanks!

IMG_8603.JPG IMG_8614.JPG IMG_8613.JPG

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
pm me and ill fix this for you quick. This is why I always have my customers measure the trucks especailly on the 15s up since different springs are used.

OP
OP
rgctech

rgctech

Reaction score
When you Lowered the Rear, did you re-aim your Headlights?

I didn't re-aim my headlights after the 2" level.

I ended up adding a 1" spacer to bring the rear up an inch and the headlights seem to be fine now (i haven't been high beamed) Over all appearance looks way better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989