Rear HVAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klathan2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wht are some possible reasons there isn't any air flow to my rear vents? I can hear the fan in the back cut on but no air from the vents in the headliner.. any ideas?

2013 Chevy Suburban 1500 4WD LTZ

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wht are some possible reasons there isn't any air flow to my rear vents? I can hear the fan in the back cut on but no air from the vents in the headliner.. any ideas?

2013 Chevy Suburban 1500 4WD LTZ
It's probably the mode actuator, there are two back there. The other controls the temperature. The HVAC system is on the passenger side, either towards the back or right behind the 2nd row depending on the system used. Either way, the same panels have to come off.

It would be best to confirm this with a Tech-2 or similar scan tool that can read BCM codes. It could be the controller.

1652374375237.png

Aftermarket actuators are of lesser quality.

SefWill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have a definite answer to this issue? Mine blows from the passenger side panel but not the roof vents at all. 2013 Tahoe LTZ.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I had to change my rear ac control on the back of the console for awhile it would blow hot instead of cold and then finally quit all together yours sounds like a actuator to me though if you can hear the fan running try a ac recalibration it may get it working again temporarily it’s worth a shot and not hard to do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doc52

Latest posts