Rear ended somebody today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have been soo tempted to drop that guy if he was driving erratically and cut me off like that. Then he really would have had some injuries. It just pisses me off so much that some people don't take their driving privileges seriously. You are in control of a 2+ ton peice of deadly machinery, don't drive it like a f*cking go cart. Hopefully that bastard gets what's coming to him.

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your ok. I really hope everything works out in your favor. You should look into local businesses someone may have a camera? One time traffic cameras would come in handy.

arb905

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have floored it when he stepped out of the car to b***h at you. When the police arrived I would have told him the throttle stuck before you could stop it from running over that grease stain.

bigfeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey BattleWagun, I'm in the autobody biz. Just some quick advice. Just drop your truck off at your autobody, and let them handle the insurance co. Tell your insurance co. you want your truck fixed. The insurance co. wants to get you involved so they can rob you. Let the insurance co go to your autobody to appraise truck. Do not let them go to your house they will ROB you. You need a pro representing you. I'm sure you have rental coverage. Drop off truck and get rental. I deal with these thieves everyday. When they write a customers car in thier driveway, I usually get a supplemental adjustment THREE times the amount. It's unreal. Most people don't understand this. You should never have to pay a dime out of pocket. Any questions fire away bro I'm here.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

And if you want to work closely with the autobody, that's fine, just let them handle the claim.

OP
OP
B

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot big feet, I actually had no clue that there'd be a difference between a shop/ appraiser. I actually removed to grille to inspect everything and it all seems fine! My condenser is slightly bowed in, and the upright metal brace that the hood latch is attached to is bent, but that seems about it! The major factor between me going to the insurance company or doing the job myself is whether or not my bull bar is covered by the insurance. If it is, then Ill take it in, because thats $300 right there. If not, I'll do the job myself for less than the price of the $500 deductible.

I was also inspecting my core support, and it LOOKS fine... but looks aren't anything. Does anybody know of a good way to assess it properly?

86chevyman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks a lot big feet, I actually had no clue that there'd be a difference between a shop/ appraiser. I actually removed to grille to inspect everything and it all seems fine! My condenser is slightly bowed in, and the upright metal brace that the hood latch is attached to is bent, but that seems about it! The major factor between me going to the insurance company or doing the job myself is whether or not my bull bar is covered by the insurance. If it is, then Ill take it in, because thats $300 right there. If not, I'll do the job myself for less than the price of the $500 deductible.

I was also inspecting my core support, and it LOOKS fine... but looks aren't anything. Does anybody know of a good way to assess it properly?

Damn dude sorry to hear about the accident. At least it wasnt worse but still just b.s to have to go threw all the crap. Hope everything works out.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
The best way is to take off the bumper, grille, and see if anything is too far back and if so the best possobility is 2 options. 1: you can drive up to a tree and put a strap to the tree and slowly back up with the strap to the bent in part and kinda gas it so it tugs and do it that way or chop it off and go to the junkyard and get a good one and possibly weld it on. I had to chain a car to my tree when my buddy crashed his car. We used a jack on the inside because his door was ****** n it wouldnt open nor close and the tree helps so where nothing gets pushed out in the wrong place if you put a board where its close to the tree horizontally. Its not that hard to fix hr front. I would just bend back the hood latch and just get everythibg from the junkyard

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

You can also look for small cracks on the support and if it has cracks then it is not as strong as its supposed to be and i would get that fixed

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL @ "insurance scam" ... sorry bu that's not an insurance scam. You rear ended someone, it's your fault, end of story.

BigWhiteHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
was he walking around on scene and did EMS transport him? if he didn't go to the hospital and was out walking around that makes it look like he's full of bs. This might not save you but it should help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MAGAlomaniac