Rear DVD screen shuts off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bumblebmustang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Tahoe with a rear DVD screen. Panisonic I believe. Whenever I am playing a DVD and shut the car off, everything shuts off like I would expect it to. When I return to the vehicle, the DVD continues playing on the front NAV screen, but the rear screen is blank. I have to eject the DVD and re-insert it for the rear screen to display again. Is this just how the system works or do I have some settings messed up. I would like the rear screen to pick up from where I was in the DVD when the vehicle was shut off.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kent,
Most people don't realize that your rear entertianment system can be turned on and off separate from anything else in the car. What I mean is that it act likes a TV. You can turn your Television on and off, but still leave the DVD player on and running if you so choose.

When you turn the car off, the screen is then turned off, and must be turned back on in order to see the DVD. If you have a remote (which you most likely do) you can use that to turn it back on. I believe there is a button on the remote (possibly on the top left) that has the standard power symbol (see below) on it. Push that button while aiming at the screen and it should come right back on.

IEC5009_Standby_Symbol.svg

I hopt that helps! Let me know if that works for you!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bumblebmustang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do not have a remote, and I believe that I tried hitting the power button on the rear control, but I will try that again.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have a remote, and I believe that I tried hitting the power button on the rear control, but I will try that again.

Is the power button you are referring too part of the center console in the back? I want to think that the power button in the back is for the rear seat audio, not actually the DVD player. I could be wrong on that though.

On a side note: you can buy a GM rear seat entertainment remote fairly cheap off of eBay for your system. The infrared coding is pretty much standard across the board.

Either way let me know. It has been awhile since I have used the system in our Traverse (my Tahoe has headrest players). It seems like the last time I used it, it took me a little to figure it out, but with the remote in hand I was able to turn the screen right back on. :think:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160