Rear coil spacer problem 09 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hopdaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All,

Long time follower, first time poster. Just finished up a CCM 2.5 front and e-bay 1.5 rear coil spacer install. Front went as expected - looks great - no issues. The rear is a problem. I did not gain any lift with the 1.5 rear spacers and now I have a computer suspension message appearing. The front measures 38.5 and the rear measures just a hair under. I wanted the extra lift in the rear to compat for towing and heavy loads in the cargo area.

The vehicle has autoride with self-leveling rear shocks and I suspect this to be my issue. I'm reaching out in hopes someone can shed some light on my situation along with a possible fix.

Thanks in advance,
Hopdaddy

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You drop the rear axle?

Sure you did not snag the abs/air lines?

Go back and check all the connections.

Where did you install the spacer? In relationship to the coil?

Pictures of the setup?

Adjust the rear airride links?

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hopdaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did, but can't say for sure if a snag happend.

All stock exect for the leveling kit and rear spacers.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Spacer was installed on the bottom of the coil.

No pics yet.

Adjust the rear airride links?????? What needs to be done here?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to extend the rear airride links so that the sensor stays within the middle of its travel...Best bet is to get some threaded rod take the stock links off, take the ends off links(they pull off) then cut the threaded rod(I would start with 1/2" longer than stock rod) put ends on the threaded rod then reinstall new longer rods and test, make sure to buy enough rod to make a couple sets as some adjustment will probably be needed.

OP
OP
H

Hopdaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where are the threaded rods located and where can I purchase them. Do I need to take off the existing for correct sizing purposes? How much of a job will this be?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can by threaded rod or allthread at any home improvement store, I forget off the top of my head what size to get, you want it just a touch larger than the stock ribbed ends so when you put the ends on the threads bite into the plastic a little bit. The stock rods take a bit of persuassion to remove.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this exact set up on my avalanche with AutoRide and had no issues/lights on DIC and also gained the 1.5" of extra height (I measured before and after). Should work just fine...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700