Rear ac leak? Check here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I have a ac leak. I recharged mine and added dye. I was able to see that my leak was above the right rear wheel where the bracket holds the ac line to the body. My nut that holds the bracket in is rotted to hell. I. Went to the auto store to buy some Pb blaster. I was already anticipating on cutting the bracket when I came across this. Crc Freeze off.
I said what the hell and gave it a shot. Lubed the nut and let it sit a few minutes. This stuff smells like pine sol.
I took a Irwin bolt extractor and have it a turn. It cracked and started turning with little effort. I replaced the extractor and used a 10mm socket and it came off like it wasn't corroded at all.
Anyways my leak was coming from he smaller ac tube right under where the bracket holds it in. I can't do much with it right now because there is still a charge in the system. I'm going to evacuate and for ***** and giggles going to try and apply some permatex cold weld bonding epoxy. It's advertised as resistant to oil, gas, water and other automotive fluids. It has tinsel strength up to 3000 psi.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny