Rear A/C controls... strange.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've have a problem with my rear A/C blend door actuator for years. I usually just pull the panel twice a year and move it from hot to cold or cold to hot. I already replaced it once with one from Amazon that I think was like $160 and it imediately jumped the track in relearn and never worked again. DOH.

Just found it on RockAuto much cheaper, so I may change that when I get it back from the motor rebuild.

But the other weird thing started happening a few months back... the rear A/C blower runs on high all the time. I can rotate the knob to turn it on/off from the panel above my mirror and sometimes it will turn it off... and it comes right back on in a few seconds. Or sometimes it won't turn off at all. Is this a problem with the control panel with the knobs, or is it some relay in the back?

This is what mine looks like:

s-l640.jpg

I've removed the controls from the rear pass adjustment on the center console - I gutted that many years ago to put an amplifier in there, so they're just dummy controls now.

On RockAuto I can't find this part. I can find all the versions for the front one under the "A/C and Heater Control Switch / Panel" category, but I don't see the rear one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645