Ready to burn my '07 Yukon xl to the ground!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrxoa1

Reaction score
I had a 2001 Yukon XL that I bought new and decided to trade it in two years ago for a slightly used '07 with all the goodies and only 43k miles. But I have regretted that nearly every day since then.

It seems as if this truck is cursed. Things are always going wrong on this truck. Started out I had to have ac compressors and real lined replaced. At same time I told them the rear defroster was not working nor was the heated windshield washer fluid gizmo. They fixed the ac stuff, repaired the rear defrost but told me the washer fluid gizmo had been disconnected by previous owner due to recall.

Then I take it in for new door handles on all four doors on the interior. All the chrome was peeling. Told them rear defrost still not working. They replace door handles and do repair kit to rear defrost.

Tell them rear defrost still not working. They say they will have to replace the entire rear glass. Having tough time getting them to get it in stock and call me.

Then I notice moisture in passenger side headlight housing. Then I have to replace the fuel valve solenoid assenmbly after over filling the gas tank.

Now I have warped rotors and the auto ride height compressor started sounding horrible then just quit. I have not had time to tackle that yet.

Tonight passenger side headlight goes out and ther is three inches of wAter in the housing. So I decide to remove entire housing so I can get water out... O my gawd!!!!!! That was two hours of my life I'll never get back.

This truck is junk. Not even 60k miles and it is falling apart. I never had a single problem with my '01 in nearly ten years and over 175k miles!

On top of all that, this '07 gets HORRIBLE gas mileage...

Sorry for the rant but I just came in from fighting that darn headlight. Whoever designed that setup needs beat up!!!! The old way was sooooo much better!

Posted from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk...

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sorry about that man.
These trucks do have some unnecessary issues.
All your issues are things that are normally covered under warranty.
Looks like the first owner did not keep up with these things and you ended up inheriting his/her issues.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just had my compressor go out in my Escalade as well as a coolant leak and a few other things totaling up to $2330. Thankfully my extended bumper to bumper warranty I purchased covered it. I only have 52k on the clock too... The chrome in my door handles in both my avalanche and escalade were all peeling also but there is a GM TSB out on that which is covered up to 100k miles. I also noticed one day when changing out the DRL in my escalade headlight to LED's that a cover was missing behind the headlight which could cause moisture to get in. I immediately got a replacement as I could've ended up in the same boat as you. My 2001 never had any major issues and I had that thing for YEARS. I definitely agree that the NBS vehicles are a lot better as far as things breaking but the issues you mentioned (aside from the headlight) is a common problem for all these GMT900 vehicles which is unfortunate :/ I am glad I got the warranty extended because if I didn't have it I would be severellly pissed off. Hope no other problems start happening man GL!

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait until your dash cracks.

Yep, there is more to come. GM won't cover that either.

They might cover it but probably not. They did change mine out for free along with the front inner handles and the AC control head since the buttons were peeling. My 07 dash cracked a year ago with only 35K miles.

I just wish I could convince my wife to get rid of it and get a NBS but she like the NNBS better cause it doesnt have "truck" bumpers like mine.

As far as the burning to the ground part.....Go to a store and find the cheapest China made junk phone chargers and leave them plugged in all the time and dont park too close to your house. The lack of fuse on that circuit may solve your problem. :flamingdevil:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Or just leave the keys in and the door open and it will dissapear and u get insurance;)

OP
OP
zrxoa1

zrxoa1

Reaction score
LOL. I came in at 4 am after fighting that headlight for nearly two hours and woke my wife up and told her that was it, I wanted that truck GONE. Time to start looking for a trade.

Forgot to mention, while fighting to loosen the inner wheel well last night, I found signs the truck had been slightly wrecked and inner wheel well held by drywall screws shot into inner plastics and broken pieces under there. Just my luck...

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i am hesitant on buying 1st year releases of new body models. I guess i just been lucky so far with mine. 75k and it was a Fleet vehicle according to the RPO

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I don't typically buy first or second year vehicles either, but knowing most of the mechanical stuff for the nnbs was a carryover from the nbs eased they tension a little. I've had my share of problems too, but I still love my truck, and probably always will. I guess it helps that I have the tools and knowledge and to fix/replace everything on my truck. Only time I go to a shop or dealer is for stuff you won't find in any non-millionaires garage, such as a tire mounting machine, wheel balancer machine, or an alignment rack.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had zero issues with my 07 but it sounds yours has had some questionable previous ownership. Sorry about your issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadnerAutomotive