RC 3.5in lift. Wheel Spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I installed a 3.5 in rough country lift about 6 months ago and put it on stock rims. I knew i needed to get wheels spacers but never actually got serious till i looked under and saw my wheels were rubbing on my control arms. Right now I am running 275/65/20 toyo MT on stock gmc snowflake wheels and i had to do quite a bit of trimming to get them to fit. I am wanting to get some 1.5 inch wheel spacers cause my tires are real skinny and want to know if you guys think this will make my tires rub even more or if ill be ok. Thanks

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st off, your Tahoe looks great! With 1.5 inch spacers, you will stop rubbing your Control arms, but will more than likely have to do a bit of trimming to the lower corner on your front bumper. Have you done the NorCal mod?

OP
OP
TheHoe

TheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1st off, your Tahoe looks great! With 1.5 inch spacers, you will stop rubbing your Control arms, but will more than likely have to do a bit of trimming to the lower corner on your front bumper. Have you done the NorCal mod?
Havent done the norcal mod. i have just kinda been trimming off pieces just wherever it rubs.

02Burgundybeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I ran my 285/55r22s on my denali I rubbed on the inside of the front fenders. Hammered the pinch weld back (not like the nor cal) and it eliminated the rub. I also had to trim the plastic in the front with the sawzall. When you push the wheel out further it will stop the rub on the control arm, but like @Countryboy07 said, your gonna have to trim more of the plastics and sheet metal.

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the offset and backspace on the wheels. I have the same size tire and with a 2" level they have not rubbed, they did a little before the level. I have the 20x8.5 5 spoke wheels

Last edited:

Harrison Serro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same lift. I'm running 2" spacers on 33's with -18 offset. Mine rub like crazy

IMG_0608.JPG

ericscott44

Reaction score
Before and After.jpg I have the same set-up. 3.5" lift, 22 inch snowflake replicas and 33x12.50x22 tires. Kinda wish I would have went with black wheels. No spacers and no rubbing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honda 01