Radio and windows wont stay working after key removed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TODoubleD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After driving and turning the key off the radio and windows turn off with out opening the door. Turn the key back on and off they work. It only seems to do it after putting the car in to gear. Its driving me nuts becuase that's not how gm sent it out.. 2001 Chevy Tahoe 165k has an aftermarket remote starter was installed long time ago by original owner

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ what @SnowDrifter said. Sounds to me like you have a fault with at least one of your door ajar switches doesn’t necessarily have to be your drivers door but more likely to be.

OP
OP
T

TODoubleD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no they all have the dome lite come on when opened. the radio and the windows will work if i put the key to the on, start and acc and then remove the key they work, drive the vehicle then shut it off the radio shuts off and the windows wont work.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no they all have the dome lite come on when opened. the radio and the windows will work if i put the key to the on, start and acc and then remove the key they work, drive the vehicle then shut it off the radio shuts off and the windows wont work.

Okay so that rules out the door ajar switches... I’ve seen a/m accessories do stranger things perhaps it is tied to that? Hmm.

OP
OP
T

TODoubleD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just putting the Tahoe in to gear and then back to park and turning the key off cancels the RAP. Dont put it in any gear it works like it should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas