Radio and interior lights won't turn off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grnphrog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just did this for my 2005 Yukon, however, it didnt help me. I still am getting the Drivers Door Ajar warning.
Looks like a RockAuto order for me!
Great write up and worth the time to just to make sure.
Thanks!

ssrobzoom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man I'm having similar issue. I turn off the engine remove the key and my radio will not turn off when opening the drivers door but if i walk back and open the drivers passenger door the radio will shut of as it should I will go your route and clean my contracts and see it that takes care of the issue. Thanks and good write up Sir!!!

Old Goat

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this procedure is similar for the rear doors also?

Pitterpat

Reaction score
@M1Gunner, great post!
I know this is an older post but this just happened to me today on my 2012 Yukon....coldest day of the year!:mad: I go out to ck my car earlier and the battery is dead....dead, dead. Anyway I charged the battery, yes it's only 1 year old. So then the door latch got boggled up and so the door won't close. As I'm trying to figure that out, I work on it for several hours, can't get the latch to go back into the right position. I finally give up (it's dark out by now) I turn the car off and the gauge lights and radio stay on.d..I fiddle with it a bit and realize that's why the battery was dead/ I drove the Yukon a couple of days ago in the daylight, didn't realize when I did the radio and gauge lights didn't go off.
So, since tomorrow is a holiday and it's so fricking cold out I'll try to get into my mechanic on Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't feel like messing with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9