Quick and dirty flapper valve bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@SpyShops212 here's what you requested.

This is what I did when trying to diagnose a "rattle" under acceleration. It ended up that the transmission was low on fluid after a service at GM and the pump was cavitating. But, inside the cab it had that weird rattle sound.

I decided to eliminate all possible options before taking it back and looking stupid. In the process, I checked the valve. There wasn't any looseness to it like other posts have stated, but I figured I'd lock it open just in case.

I just watched the operation by hand and the spring return movement. Then I took a high quality stainless band clamp and tightened it down around the head of the valve in the open position. Stainless clamps will conform to most shapes when tightened. Worked like a champ, and can be removed in 30 seconds if needed.

After locking it open, I noticed I could hear the nice V8 rumble at all times. Before you'd get sound under heavier throttle, or at idle when the engine is changing parameters when going into gear or coming to a stop in gear in the driveway. It's still not the LS 6.2 burble, but it sounds good throughout the whole range now.20230909_133335.jpg20230909_133328.jpg

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure that low transmission fluid from a dealer service is well documented, for when it fails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar