Questions about 2009 tahoe bench seat install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramrod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my black leather captain chairs in my 2009 Tahoe with a bench seat. However, I have a few questions and would like the wisdom many of you have gained by performing this swap.

1. Once you remove the CC's, does the bench bolt right in? Are there any mounts that go in first?

3. Can the hardware used to secure the CC's be used to bolt in the bench?

2. For the carpet, do you just need to remove the center section that is between the CC's? Do you need different pieces of carpet?

Yesterday my brother-in-law found a black leather bench seat for a 2009 tahoe (according to the seller) in mint condition for $50. Yes, $50 (it sounds too good to be true...I haven't gotten my eyes on them yet, but he went and picked it up). The person selling it wanted to get rid of it, as his shop does installs in new Tahoe's and Burbs where the seats need to be removed for loads of equipment. My bro-in-law sent me some pics of mounts (but not the bench!) that he thinks goes along with the bench, and reading some posts about swaps, I don't remember people mentioning them, just that they bolt right in.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure it justs bolts right in where the captain chairs are mounted, and dont worry about the carpet, every previous model tahoes are direct swaps i think

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did the reverse of this swap.

1. Yes, the bench bolts right in, no modification needed.

2. The only removable hardware besides the actual seats are the bolts, you can use the same and will need 2 extra I believe.

3. The only carpet changing is the trim panel that goes around the seats, for the bench it will be 1 big piece. It is used to cover the bolts and hardware. The captain's chairs each have their own piece. You'll know it as soon as you see it, as you have to lift it up to get access the bolts.

Overall an easy install. I recommend taking out the 3rd row and taking the chairs in/out that way. Very easy to fit them in there, but not when you try to do it through the 2nd row doors.

OP
OP
R

ramrod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't think about the trim piece of carpet. If I need two extra bolts for the bench, do you know if dealers stock these bolts?

OP
OP
R

ramrod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the install yesterday--fairly simple. Any suggestions on the best place to get the carpet trim for the bench?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can get the parts at the dealer or GMPartsDirect.com if you want to do it online.

OP
OP
R

ramrod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks--I was looking at GMpartsdirect. Any idea if it is the lower trim, lower trim panel, or outer finish panel? Unfortunately there aren't any pics of the parts.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I looked at it on GMPartsDirect, and I am 99.9% sure it is the lower trim panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC GUy