1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for those with corsa

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Tk59194, Feb 10, 2021.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. Tk59194

Tk59194 Full Access Member

Name:
    Travis
    Got ya. Yeah Im gonna tackle it myself. Should be alot easier since I already have the borla. Comes out in three pieces. I installed my Hotchkiss rear swaybar myself as well. It was actually a piece of cake. You'll like the improvement that the bar makes. It really helps connect the rear to the front and gives it a very planted feeling under acceleration through turns.

Texasdaddy likes this.
  2. nick14226

nick14226 Member

Name:
    Nick
    17 Yukon with 5.3 and corsa sport. Nice sounding exhaust, cold start during the winter is a bit loud for the neighborhood, but driving is perfect in my opinion. I have v4 tuned out but had it for a minute and drone was barely noticeable. I’m a magnaflow fan but the corsa exit and tips looked much better to me. Install wasn’t bad, the hardware from the first clamp in the system that gets reused before the flex tube was rusted beyond reuse (I’m in the northeast though, everything gets rusty), but otherwise straightforward.

Tk59194 and Texasdaddy like this.
  3. 91RS

91RS Full Access Member

Name:
    D
    Corsa is worth every single penny and anyone who says they aren't have never had one. They have no drone, EVER. Even with long tube headers there is still no drone. That alone is worth the money. I had a Corsa Xtreme with long tubes on my old Corvette and there was still no drone and that exhaust was LOUD. The tone is definitely more aggressive than Magnaflow, I've never heard a Magnaflow on a GM V8 that I liked, and the Borla Touring.

Tk59194 and nick14226 like this.
  4. nick14226

nick14226 Member

Name:
    Nick
    I have a magnaflow quad tip on my LS1 Trans Am, I like the sound but quite different than the Corsa on the 5.3, the Corsa just sounds angry... in a good way. The other day an intern was walking out to his car parked next to my Yukon, i blindly remote started from inside, another coworker who was out there at the same time said the intern almost fell over on the cold start he was so startled...

5. Tk59194

Name:
    Travis
    Appreciate feedback fellas. My truck is tuned but still have the AFM 4cyl. mode so hopefully no drone. Yeah my borla touring is just so damn mild. Barely more audible than stock. Wish I hadn't dropped $1200 on it and just bought the Corsa to start with. Oh well, hind sight 20/20. As soon as it arrives, im gonna install it and post comparoson videos of the Borla touring vs. Corsa Sport. Thanks again guys!

6. 91RS

91RS Full Access Member

Name:
    D
    Haha, they really wouldn't have liked the sport on mine with long tubes! Now that it's cammed I kinda want to change it back to the sport from the touring...

7. Tk59194

Name:
    Travis
    Are you still waiting for your exhaust system? I ordered directly through Corsa and got shipping notification that it will go out March 1st.

8. BlackYukon

BlackYukon I'm kind of a Retard

Name:
    N/A
    Yup still waiting. I ordered mine through Black Bear Performance. If Corsa says march 1st then I would assume I'll be getting mine around the same time, or maybe a little longer depending on if it will ship directly from Corsa or have to go to Black Bear and then to me.

9. Tk59194

Name:
    Travis
    Mine shipped yesterday and delivers tomorrow. Took the Borla off today. Only took about 35 minutes. Will post unboxing and install of the Corsa system tomorrow. 20210226_190025.jpg

Jeff_ and BlackYukon like this.
  10. Jeff_

Jeff_ Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Looking forward to the results! Please post a video for us when you’re done.

Tk59194 likes this.