push to start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
hey can anyone tell me how to install and wire a push to start button and if you guy already did can i see some pics i like how the new cars have them thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Never seen a turn key kit but you could build one with about 10 or more relays but it does not have safety inhibits so you will have to make some. A PLC(Programmable Logic Control) setup would be ideal. Still going do one myself but have not gotten around to drawing out the circuits yet.

OP
OP
blue99tahoe24

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
i still wanna be able to use the key cuz i seen some on youtube that they put the key in turned it to the on position and then pressed the button to start it

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Actually just found two after using a different serch term than before.

This on uses rfid which is totally sweet.
http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/KEYLESS-IGNITION-AUTO--PBS--PG-1temp.htm

This one use original key or key fobs:
http://www.gallotech.com/

I want the rfid myself but would have to make a couple of changes for safety inhibits.

As if 80+ new wire connections in my dash already aren't enough right now. My only options at this point is to make a wire harness extension and mount the controllers in the right front corner above blower motor. But I always love more wiring mods so the rfid is what I am going to go with.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The one that uses rfid transponder even has a variety of buttons including a Lexus one. Also so one that say either off, accy or on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny