Project lazarus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luderacer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wow god deal deal, i just started my addiction to my truck i can feel it getting worse $$$ lol

OP
OP
Ironman1979

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well.. i am totaly and utterly depressed. was doing great today.. put on a msd distributor cap, rotor new plugs and wires.. was about to check the timing.. truck sounded good.. got on my step and leaned in to watch the timing.. and she started screeching. i ran to the cab and checked the gauges while trying to shut her down.. no oil pressure.. before i got the key turned she locked up. so now it is back to the original plan of getting the 383 built before i get her on the road.. damn.. i was hoping to be able to drive here while i was waiting for my upgrades.. f my life

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks! Did it start leaking oil somewhere or was it using oil and you forgot to top off the levels or what??

OP
OP
Ironman1979

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no.. full of oil.. pump either got plugged while running or went out.. had 40psi when i started it then all of a sudden it went to zero when i hear the squealing and ran to shut her off

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:sad72:

OP
OP
Ironman1979

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fuel pump was still running when it locked up.. so i dont know.. when the 383 gets droped in a new fuel pump comes with the chip for the pcm so it will be replaced. earlier in the day when i was moving it around i got out to lift the hood and it died for no reason (probably lost oil pressure) and i dint know what happened so i restarted it and wen on about my buisness cause when i fired it back up the gauges looked spot on...

OP
OP
Ironman1979

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. explaing this to me.. i wnet out and turned on teh ignition to listen to the stereo while i installed the radio and stuff to make sure it worked.. but i turned it too far and it started... no knock or squeal.. but almost immediatly the oil pressure droped to 0 and i killed it to prevent damage.. wth..

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Okay, perhaps that lockup you thought you had was the fuel pressure being shut down just in time and the screeching was the start of heat build up and thermal breakdown of oil that could not be dissipated because a lack of oil movement. At any rate if it started and ran smooth then get that distributor out and use a oil pump adapter to run it with a drill and see if you are building pressure and the oil showing up on the valve assemblies. if not then try a new filter and oil and try again with priming. if still nothing then by all means replace your pump and prime it again before starting. I think it is worth a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elepere