Programming DL3 mirrors at dealer...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to have the BCM reprogrammed and you are or plan to run LED turn signals then you should have them program the BCM to be compatible while your at it so you won't need load resistors.

Good job getting your mirrors functional BTW.
Even if it's the OEM mirror you think I would need load resistors?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Even if it's the OEM mirror you think I would need load resistors?

No... I was meaning if you decided to use LED bulbs in your tail lights or front signals.

Sorry for the confusion.

If you change to LED turn signal bulbs then the BCM will think your bulbs are out and cause the signal to "hyper-flash"... Reprogramming the BCM to ignore the bulb out warning will allow the use of LED bulbs without the need for load resistors.

The older trucks you could just swap out the flasher for one that was designed for LEDs.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Well it turns out the "reverse auto tilt" works! I noticed on the pass side mirror, my driver's side mirror has a bad actuator that only moves L/R and not up or down hence i thought the auto tilt wasn't working.

On mine you can tell it in the DIC to move both mirrors or just the passenger side for "curb view" FYI. Maybe just a setting?

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked that already and I have it for both. I know it doesn't work because not even the mirror adjustment works. It only works L/R but not up or down. I'm thinking the actuator is shot

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked that already and I have it for both. I know it doesn't work because not even the mirror adjustment works. It only works L/R but not up or down. I'm thinking the actuator is shot

Get someone with a Tech 2 and you can command the mirror to see if its the switch or the motor.

BeauDuke45

Reaction score
Question here if I can revive an old thread. I have a MDI2 and would love to do this upgrade as well run LED’s without the resistors, how would I do flash the BCM to accomplish that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeauDuke45

Reaction score
you can program modules with the mdi if you upgrade but you can't change the led hyper-flash, that is a hackjob that is done some other way by modify the vehicle software

Gotcha. I’m guessing it’s through using the GDS2 subscription and diving into the settings for the DL3 mirrors.

Too bad about the led stuffs, I hate hot hot the resistors get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons