Production update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I work for a company that supplies GM and we are producing zero or next to zero for them. In fact hardly anything for anyone.

Maybe a little for Toyota and some other oems but auto is dead right now.
Then how are they building these things?

new2yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's my thought as well. There might be some inventory that they are pulling from but there cannot be any significant volume of vehicles produced.

These trucks are loaded w/ features and so our products would be needed for most, if not all, of these trucks and we "aint makin' nothin'".

Don't know what to think. And, due to companies wanting "zero" excess inventory and shipping spoon to mouth, something will change. Either assembly will halt or supply will pick up. And supply is SLOW right now.

OP
OP
J

JOE CORRADO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was in dealer to pre order one this week. They have delivery sheets but no dates. According to this dealer GM will not let you custom build and order one yet. Might just buy my 2016 at end of lease this month and wait for 2022.

turnpike17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was in dealer to pre order one this week. They have delivery sheets but no dates. According to this dealer GM will not let you custom build and order one yet. Might just buy my 2016 at end of lease this month and wait for 2022.

Weird, we set an appt with our (very small) local GMC dealership. Custom built and ordered ‘21 Yukon XL Denali. Every package and option they had, including the sliding center console (which is “late availability), so it may be a long time before we actually see this thing, but it’s in GMs system.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would recommend getting a 2018 at least. Then you should not have issues with the a/c Condenser. Just IMHO.

Weird, we set an appt with our (very small) local GMC dealership. Custom built and ordered ‘21 Yukon XL Denali. Every package and option they had, including the sliding center console (which is “late availability), so it may be a long time before we actually see this thing, but it’s in GMs system.

Are you guys really sure you want one of the first Tahoe-Yukon coming off the line? I would let the rental/lease customers be the guinea pig for testing.

I will rent one of those when they come out for a few days to check it out. I think a trip to Key West with it would be nice.

All that IMHO. To each their own.

turnpike17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you guys really sure you want one of the first Tahoe-Yukon coming off the line? I would let the rental/lease customers be the guinea pig for testing.

I will rent one of those when they come out for a few days to check it out. I think a trip to Key West with it would be nice.

All that IMHO. To each their own.

Yeah, it’s always a thought that crosses my mind, but it’s never been a problem for us. On top of how damn long they’ve been working on these next-gens, I’m pretty optimistic we’ll be happy.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you order it so far in advance of production, is there an opportunity for negotiating the price? Or do you just get any incentives that happen to be available at time of delivery and that’s it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

navi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good question, I’d like to know as well. We are selling our 17 Tahoe to get a 21 suburban

turnpike17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you order it so far in advance of production, is there an opportunity for negotiating the price? Or do you just get any incentives that happen to be available at time of delivery and that’s it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question, I’d like to know as well. We are selling our 17 Tahoe to get a 21 suburban

we basically got “invoice” price, which seemed to be $3 or $4k less than what I was building for on the GMC Yukon website, plus an additional $500 from the dealer.

So no, not much room, at least I never have with my dealer

cdgtahoe

Reaction score
I ordered mine will see when it arrives. 2021 Yukon Denali with premium package. Ordered mine back awhile ago before covid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon