Prices - Trade in, Sell or Keep - Tahoe LTZ / Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other than the 6.2 what "more features" can you get on a Denali that aren't available on a loaded Tahoe LTZ? Personally, I didn't even look for a Denali over a Tahoe due to two things: 1. I don't like their front end 2. They were thousands of dollars more (5-7K)for essentially the same thing (other than the 6.2). Hopefully Chevrolet wakes up and offers it in future Tahoes other than the RST.
Denali has different leather, more insulation, more acoustic glass, real wood trim, upgraded interior materials on the doors and center console.

It’s possible to find a new 2017 ‘base’ Premier in the $50s but it won’t be 4x4 or have power assist steps most likely.

Lalo

Reaction score
Some of the other options of the Denali vs Tahoe are real wood laminate in the interior and real metal trim also on the interior , but that 6.2 sold me I also have a 69 Cutlass with a Rocket 350 and I think my Denali pulls almost as hard as my Muscle car .....

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the other options of the Denali vs Tahoe are real wood laminate in the interior and real metal trim also on the interior , but that 6.2 sold me I also have a 69 Cutlass with a Rocket 350 and I think my Denali pulls almost as hard as my Muscle car .....
Try an intake, exhaust, tune. If you haven't already. It really improves the 6.2 and transmission!

Chris T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FWIW, I Carmax'd my '16 Denail with 16k miles (no 4x4, 20" wheels, no steps) and got $51k for it. That price was around what I was seeing online for private party. So a '15 Tahoe comparably equipped would fetch around $45k tops, my guess anyway.

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
FWIW, I Carmax'd my '16 Denail with 16k miles (no 4x4, 20" wheels, no steps) and got $51k for it. That price was around what I was seeing online for private party. So a '15 Tahoe comparably equipped would fetch around $45k tops, my guess anyway.
Except that is not what he wants.....by the time you add 4x4, 22s, power running boards, adaptive cruise, lane assist, HUD, DVD player, etc (all the stuff he wants), you're back up to what I originally said above for a 16 LTZ. CarMax is giving you "trade in" value, far different than retail.

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a fully loaded LTZ with all the bells and whistles listed at 47.9k at a dealer. It’s got about 36k on the odometer, however, it’s black on black which I think it’s a bit boring..

OP
OP
T

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind mileage up to a certain point. I’ve got about 33k on my ‘15 and would go up to about 40 Ish so on a ‘16... and I think I’d actually want to keep the stock 20s over 22s.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding from a previous thread that a fully loaded LTZ is closer in price to a base Denali with the same options for less than $5000. I thought I had read it was something like $3500.
With that being said the 6.2l engine is definitely worth the upcharge if doing any type of towing.

I have always owned Suburban's and never considered Yukon XL's. However, I am looking to get into the newer model ( price wise will be more comfortable in a 2015), and am seriously considering spending the extra money it will take to get into a Denali XL. I do tow, as well as go on long distance trips, thus the 6.2, upgraded mag suspension and the 8 speed transmission would all be important factors.
So while I do not like the exterior cosmetics of the Denali as much as a Suburban, those other features are more important.
I assume the 2015 Denali XL's are fully loaded with every option?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz