Price question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrislovessushi

Murderedish
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a general price estimate of how much it's going to run me to raise my 96 tahoe 4 inches?

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
thats a varying question, what lift, what tires, gears, rims ??

1,200-2,500 for the lift, 1000-1500 tires, 400-700 wheels, 600 for gears (plus more if your swapping carrier) + labor

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

plus if you go 4, you should have just gone 6

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a 4 inch rough country lift for about a grand but, from what I've heard, if you have the auto 4wd you need a new drive shaft which will cost at least 500 bucks. When you get a lift you're gonna need new wheels and tires which will cost you another grand at least. If you want a 4 inch lift then I'm assuming you want 33's which you can get away with using the stock gears. All in all, you're looking at a pretty penny. I went the cheap route and got a body lift with 285's.

OP
OP
Chrislovessushi

Chrislovessushi

Murderedish
Reaction score
Rebelution, your truck has the look that I want as far as how high it is and the tires. How cheap is this cheap route you speak of?

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3 inch body lift cost a little under 200 bucks and it's something you can install yourself. Just be sure to give yourself at least a full day to do it. The thing that sucks about the body lift is that it makes the frame show quite a bit. I painted my frame black and it looks alright. I paid a grand for the wheels and tires but if you look around you might find a good deal on some decent used tires. If you have a 4 wheel parts store in your area they might cut you a deal on some wheels. Mine sell for 120 a piece on their website but I went to their store, haggled with the guy and walked out with all four for 350.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
Im running a 3" BL (installed myself) with new torsion keys and bags in the rear sitting on 305's and can probably tuck 315's. 3" BL about $100, keys $50...bags are for towing but you can get away with a lift block...plus tires and wheels

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the best bang for your buck. trust me though, regardless of which way you want to go now...you will want to go higher not too much later.

OP
OP
Chrislovessushi

Chrislovessushi

Murderedish
Reaction score
I dont think Ill be able to afford going higher than 3" for a long time. the lift is probably one of the last mods I want to do in a long line of others. Thanks for all the info guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevymec

Latest posts