Price for Brake and Shocks for 2017 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pcww

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
165,000 Miles and need first brakes and shocks. Can you guys give me a fair cost for both. Trying to avoid dealer.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty dependent on your area...for a general cost of parts...look at around at sites like rock auto...then add about 40% for the service shop to charge fees and handling. Labor not included.

i just had my wife visit a reputable shop i have used for years when i am traveling for work...front struts, install supplied upper control arms and realign...1200$. the struts were listed at roughly 200 each IIRC...the shops charge was 330.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP might get more accurate input and direction if you can provide more details about your Tahoe.

Trim?
Options?
Suspension?

The answers to these questions will have a pretty significant impact on the cost of replacement parts.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
RockAuto.com, GMPartsDirect.com, and GMPartsGiant.com

If you need assistance with part numbers, please post the last 8 digits of your truck's VIN, and @915_Tahoe will be able tp provide you with those part numbers for shocks and brakes.