Preprogrammed ECU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reprogrammed my 07 ECU, when I received my Black Bear Performance tune. If you have an '18-'23 truck, I don't believe that anyone has cracked the GM security protocols on those ECU's.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you’re going to have to provide some more information on what you mean by “pre programmed”.

An ECU pre programmed for what?
An ECU pre programmed by GM based on your VIN#?
An ECU pre programmed by some tuner for your vehicle with a +200 HP toon?

Please also post your exact year make model engine and transmission of the vehicle in question you are asking about.

You’re gonna have to help us help you if you want some better answers and more input.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you’re going to have to provide some more information on what you mean by “pre programmed”.

An ECU pre programmed for what?
An ECU pre programmed by GM based on your VIN#?
An ECU pre programmed by some tuner for your vehicle with a +200 HP toon?

Please also post your exact year make model engine and transmission of the vehicle in question you are asking about.

You’re gonna have to help us help you if you want some better answers and more input.
100%. I'm probably just getting cranky in my old age, but this isn't Facebook. If someone's not going to be thoughtful enough when they ask a question to include all of the information we might need to understand what they're talking about, I no longer bother to answer. But if they ask a question in a way that demonstrates that they're thinking it through and respect our time, I'll help them all day long.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy folks. No need to be cranky here.

The younger generation (I have no idea how old the OP is) has a habit of using writing in shortcuts and brevity that us older folks may not be accustomed to, nor find useful in these diagnostic situations. Rather than being cranky, I suggest that we nicely suggest to the younger generation that we need additional information, specifically what information we need (which was done above), and why, we need it. This then becomes a positive and productive learning exercise for the younger generation members.

Otherwise we run the risk of becoming just another snarky Forum, which is NOT what this Forum is, nor the one I want it to become (just like most of the other Forums out there).

Just my 2 cents worth......

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy folks. No need to be cranky here.

The younger generation (I have no idea how old the OP is) has a habit of using writing in shortcuts and brevity that us older folks may not be accustomed to, nor find useful in these diagnostic situations. Rather than being cranky, I suggest that we nicely suggest to the younger generation that we need additional information, specifically what information we need (which was done above), and why, we need it. This then becomes a positive and productive learning exercise for the younger generation members.

Otherwise we run the risk of becoming just another snarky Forum, which is NOT what this Forum is, nor the one I want it to become (just like most of the other Forums out there).

Just my 2 cents worth......
Nope. I'm still cranky! :happy175:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feeling better today. :angels2:To the OP, please don’t let me scare you away. It’s just that lots of folks here consider it a great courtesy when people seeking help provide enough info for us to be able to help you, and a discourtesy when they don’t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove