PowerBass XA4000d???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rc610

Reaction score
ok so while searching for the components to complete my audio system, i came across a (used) powerbass xa4000d amp. I've read all kinda reviews and i noticed that the amp is usually on the pricey side but this particular guy is selling his for $575 local pickup. i'm just wondering if its really a good deal. I'm a somewhat typical college student about to enter his last semester so i dont get alot of money to play around and experiment with so as a result ive never dealt with PB products so im basically asking if any of you guys have personally used PB amps? Mainly the XA line and if its really worth the 575? the last amp i dropped 500+ bucks on was only a 1400 watt planet audio rxd series from a shop. and i know that i over paid for it b/c after it got stolen i ended up getting its big bro (rxd2400) for like 334 and next day shipping to boot and while i havent found the powerbass for anywhere near that cheap i just dont want to feel like boo boo the fool later on dwn the line lol

anyway thanx in advance for the input

I'm planning on running 2-4 memphis mojos btw. the cm series

OP
OP
rc610

rc610

Reaction score
Not yet but its in the works. going to get my orders in w/n the coming days for 0 guage, a h/o alternator, and a battery or 2. im still shopping around for exact brands and such but i plan to do it right because i dont want to replace any of it 3-4 months from now.

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havent heard of the brand before but i just did a quick google search and on a few forums people were selling them for like $400 (a few years ago so no longer for sale) and everyone said that was really cheap. Have you done any research on other brands with similar outputs?

OP
OP
rc610

rc610

Reaction score
Havent heard of the brand before but i just did a quick google search and on a few forums people were selling them for like $400 (a few years ago so no longer for sale) and everyone said that was really cheap. Have you done any research on other brands with similar outputs?

yeah most of the amps in that power range ~800+ i know a guy that said he could get a memphis 4kw for like 800 but thats been a while back but i was nowhere near ready for an electrical upgrade so i didn't even bother. i just dont see my self paying that much for an amp while i'm still in school (I Know u get what u pay for and all that good stuff but I've never been a hop on the 1st offer/deal type of guy)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364