Power-with-ignition wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Hello, I posted before about where I could find a wire that would give me power only when I turn my Tahoe on, for use with my hardwired ****** 9500ix kit.
I have an 04 Tahoe LT.

I found that I was told to use a "brown" wire from ignition harness, but looking at diagrams it doesn't look correct. Isn't Tahoe's from 03+ different from 00-02?

Please someone take a picture of the wire they used so I dont break anything on a 03-06 Tahoe:)

I found this diagram, please let me know if its accurate:

wirediagram04tahoe.jpg

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the pink wire from the ign harness. This will power the ****** only when the key is in the run position. And yes, that diagram is accurate.

ItsAdam1

Master Fabricator
Reaction score
I use this on the radio fuse at the fuse panel (i think I need to double check) to power my valentine one
add-a-circuit.jpg

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you remove the knee bolster trim (panel underneath the steering column), you will see the harness coming from behind the ign switch. The harness also runs to the left side of the column into the back of the fuse panel. It may be easier to splice into the wire to the left of the column.
To remove the knee bolster trim, you'll have to unclip the lower portion of the IP/dash trim bezel, then remove two 7mm bolts from the bottom of the knee bolster panel.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
If you remove the knee bolster trim (panel underneath the steering column), you will see the harness coming from behind the ign switch. The harness also runs to the left side of the column into the back of the fuse panel. It may be easier to splice into the wire to the left of the column.
To remove the knee bolster trim, you'll have to unclip the lower portion of the IP/dash trim bezel, then remove two 7mm bolts from the bottom of the knee bolster panel.

WOW thanks, couldnt of made it any easier! Thanks JK, your my new favorite forum member hahah

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey JK I have a question too since I know your a 12V expert.
Like him I hardwired a 9500ix the other day and it is always on unless turned off?
What is really weird is a splcied into the exact wire that my 6 disc changer in the console gets it power from and the changer only tunrs on with the igniton, but my underbody kit and 9500ix in the same wire, can turn on when the car is completely off?

Do you think it has to to do with the fact the ******/Underboy is grounded and the changer isn't. The changer has a yellow wire for power and a yellow-red one for what I suspect to be a signal because when I cut the yellow-red one it still worked even when the car is off, I connected it back and that stopped?

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Hey JK I have a question too since I know your a 12V expert.
Like him I hardwired a 9500ix the other day and it is always on unless turned off?
What is really weird is a splcied into the exact wire that my 6 disc changer in the console gets it power from and the changer only tunrs on with the igniton, but my underbody kit and 9500ix in the same wire, can turn on when the car is completely off?

Do you think it has to to do with the fact the ******/Underboy is grounded and the changer isn't. The changer has a yellow wire for power and a yellow-red one for what I suspect to be a signal because when I cut the yellow-red one it still worked even when the car is off, I connected it back and that stopped?

What wire did you use, and if you have an NNBS I assume its different than the NBS(03-06)

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah I do have an NNBS but I think it has to be close to the same!
I used my CD changer wire but I know that wire is spliced into some wire behind the dash somewhere.
How did your install go?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Never mind, I did it right now so its easily powered on/off witht he cay.
It had to do with the yellow changer harness not wanting to share with the 9500ix, I just found a different one of the many pink power ign. wires behind the dash and used that one instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019