Power Sliding center console is loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CT_Matty78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up our Yukon XL with the power sliding center console. We are having a similar issue, when the console is fully extended towards the back seats and the top of the console is slid all the way forward (for the front seat passengers), it does not lock into place or stay put. Once we start driving or put any weight on it (from arms/elbows) it starts to slide backwards and out from under us. Is this what people are experiencing? Shouldn't there be some type of lock, or click or latch once the top part is slid all the way forward (and bottom all the way back)?

PJoH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all do you have this issue with your power sliding console where the top armrest that can extend forward doesn’t click into place? It drives me nuts when driving since it’s constantly shifting back and forth.
I can’t upload pictures or video until I get back to my PC apparently.

Not sure if this is all consoles or just a problem with mine.
is yours fixed yet? mine is still broken and was in the shop for 2 days to get fixed after waiting months for the part and it still isn't fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout