Power Seats, side view mirrors and steering column are adjusting unexpectedly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apablo1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Yukon XL SLT that just recently started having a mind of it's own. I get in my my Yukon and the seats, mirrors, and steering column have all adjusted on their own. It happens both as the vehicle is off and when I am also driving. I would be travelling on the highway and suddenly my power seat reclines, my side view mirrors adjust down and the steering wheel extends and I would need to adjust them right away. I've checked and reset my memory buttons on the door panel and have also checked several of the interior fuses within the dashboard. The memory buttons on the door seem to function, and I didn't see any blown fuses in the slots I checked. Is there something I'm missing? Please advise what I should be checking for. Thank you.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to your first post on the forum.

I initially had kind of the same problem, just the driver's seat adjusting when first starting. I reset the memory and it stopped. Also, this only happened if I accidently touched buttons on my driver's side door panel.

OP
OP
A

Apablo1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
maybe a bad memory module...or a short
When you say "bad memory module" are you referencing the buttons on the door panel? We had a short burst of southern california rain over the weekend in which I am contemplating may have been the culprit of a possible "short" but not sure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say "bad memory module" are you referencing the buttons on the door panel? We had a short burst of southern california rain over the weekend in which I am contemplating may have been the culprit of a possible "short" but not sure.
could maybe be the switch but there is a separate module also that stores the memory settings
it would be something similar to this

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way should the components adjust while your vehicle is in gear. I'd suspect the BCM has a fault in it. Might be a trip to the dealer in your future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9