Power seat controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was trying figure out what's up with the seat controls for the drivers seat, specifically to move the seat forward and back. The switch operates backwards (like pushing the switch forward moves the seat back) and the seat will only move about an inch at a time. Someone has been messing around in here before because the trim piece that attaches to the side of the seat has a couple of those little tube things for the screws that are broke off. I don't know what anyone would have done though. The connection at the motor looks to be correct and there really isn't a way to mess up the connection to the switch assembly. I haven't gotten the seat cushion out yet so I don't know if someone was messing around with wires underneath yet or what.

Anyone have any ideas here?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe a dirty switch or something binding in one of the tracks. Anything stuck between the seat cushion and the console?

If the seat cushion is up all the way does it make any difference?

If the seat moves counter to the way the switch is moved, the BCM might need to be reflashed, or try disconnecting the battery and touching the cables (not the battery terminals) together to drain off any stored energy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a dirty switch or something binding in one of the tracks. Anything stuck between the seat cushion and the console?

If the seat cushion is up all the way does it make any difference?

If the seat moves counter to the way the switch is moved, the BCM might need to be reflashed, or try disconnecting the battery and touching the cables (not the battery terminals) together to drain off any stored energy.

Didn't see anything underneath that was in the area of the tracks but may have to look a little more because I was only looking at the area near the front of the seat. The position of the seat back though didn't seem to have an effect. I didn't try with the seat cushion completely raised, but the switch for the front of the seat isn't working right now either.

The passenger seat does operate correctly though for what it's worth. I can try the battery cable thing and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator: