possible to fix factory head unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i have the facotry 6 disk head unit in my truck and it has 6 disks in it.... and they do not come out anymore. Is it possible to fix this? I dont have the skrilla to get a new head unit for my truck

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
the word "good" is a lose term right?

well, i am willing to try, however, dont these things go dead once you disconnect them?

Stik

Reaction score
Tybardy, i had the same problem and unfortunately for the stereo i ended up not having the patience and know how to get it apart to the level necessary to find out the what the issue was..

i was able to get the discs out but the stereo was shot.. fortunately for me i already had installed my DNX 5120 in its place...

Dont know if this helps but just wanted you to know its a chore..

:emotions122:

Last edited:

SFBerto415

Reaction score
Hey "Stik" do you still have your OEM stereo? I am looking for a non working OEM stereo...wondering if you still have it and if your willing to part ways with it?

Stik

Reaction score
Hey "Stik" do you still have your OEM stereo? I am looking for a non working OEM stereo...wondering if you still have it and if your willing to part ways with it?

Sorry i do not... there really wasnt much left other than the face plate and maybe a few million little springs inside it...

if i did it would be yours... :Handshake:

warrlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check Craig's List or eBay first. Look for a refurb second.

I think fixing would be a risky proposition.

I am really happy with the aftermarket system installed in my Tahoe -- Alpine. :Handshake:

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check Craig's List or eBay first. Look for a refurb second.

I think fixing would be a risky proposition.

I am really happy with the aftermarket system installed in my Tahoe -- Alpine. :Handshake:

where were you a year ago to help out on this? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881