Possible newb??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I currently have a '15 ram laramie crew cab. I have 3 kids all in car seats still (youngest are 4 year old twins oldest will be 7 in oct.) So he will transition to a booster soon. In the 3 years I have owned my truck i really only towed 3-4 times. Its mostly used as a family hauler.

I am looking at a new "dealer demo" '17 yukon. Has 5-6k miles on it. Its an SLE with the convenience package. They did aftermarket leather and heated seats in it. bench seat in the middle. Its priced at 43k but being its almost 2 years old i feel i can squeeze a few more out.

Has anybody else switched from a ram to a yukon? pros/cons?

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding buying a Yukon:
I would be really careful with dealer installed Leather. the wear and tear of the children car seats and the fact that these leather kit are not tight like OEM, mhmmm I would be careful.
also, dealers can't touch other large used cars delaers who sell mostly ex rentals. 90% of all ex rentals are mid level trim with leather.
While a lot or some of them have been trashed and or lots of miles some are really nice, just have to see what is on the lot.
A demo is same as a rental as far as use

Not sure where you are, but here in Phoenix you can get a 2 year old yukon or tahoe for 38k easy used.

maybe use cargurus.com to find the best deal, it also shows how long they have been advertised and the price drop history.

good luck.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do miss the simplicity of my '99 Ram.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they used Katzkin leather covers then you should be fine. Since it is Dealer installed see if it is covered by the 3yr/36,000 mile factory warranty. Also I would recommend you take the Yukon home for a couple of days and see if it fits your family needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy