Polishing LTZ wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the clear coat is looking pretty bad on my LTZ wheels (not my pic but those are the same type of wheels). I am planning to strip all the clear off and repolish them, then apply clear coat to seal it up.

The only concern I have is the center cap. It's plastic and I'm not sure it can be polished to match the rest of the wheel. Has anyone else done this before? I don't want to buy all the products just to find out I can't use them.

I don't want the center cap one shade of Polish and the wheel another. I'll rather just paint the whole wheel and get a uniform color, if I can't achieve the Polish route.

Thanks

604FDB7A-8051-473F-BFD4-5A32561AB8B3.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So the clear coat is looking pretty bad on my LTZ wheels (not my pic but those are the same type of wheels). I am planning to strip all the clear off and repolish them, then apply clear coat to seal it up.

The only concern I have is the center cap. It's plastic and I'm not sure it can be polished to match the rest of the wheel. Has anyone else done this before? I don't want to buy all the products just to find out I can't use them.

I don't want the center cap one shade of Polish and the wheel another. I'll rather just paint the whole wheel and get a uniform color, if I can't achieve the Polish route.

Thanks

View attachment 273915
That should be a thin metal plate on a plastic cap. Flip it over--do you see metal tabs bent over? If so I'd think it would be fine to polish up.

OP
OP
malvizar

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That should be a thin metal plate on a plastic cap. Flip it over--do you see metal tabs bent over? If so I'd think it would be fine to polish up.

Wow. You're right. It is a thin metal overlaying the plastic. Should Polish up just fine. Thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645