OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Now yous guys got me lookin at my drink holder fingers…. In pretty good shape, but I am missing one… funny, I had never noticed until I read this thread… not sure it’s worth it.. I guess this is one of the PITA ones…
View attachment 304716

Yes, that little tower is the PITA location. You basically have to break that top of the little tower, to get those out and in, unless you did as I did.

The other tower one is tearing, I can see it in the pic, and so are the fingers at the very bottom right and very top right, in the pic.

Yes, it needs a bath in there, too!

I bought the fingers at ebay for $14.95 and free shipping. There is supposed to be 8 fingers and I received 9 fingers.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, big things happening starting Monday night after I drop off my rig for more work. Likely gonna be a week in that shop. I will be going there after work and helping do all this work or get in my friends way at least. Anything that is outside from being under the dash, is my wheel house. On the schedule for the work is:

1. New radiator
2. New starter
3. New alternator
4. Both motor mounts, new trans and transfer case mounts recently done.
5. New water pump
6. New hydro-boost
7. New P/S pump
8. New P/S lines and hoses.
9. New battery cables and doing the Big 3 at the same time
10. New charcoal cannister and bracket and all new lines and purge valve and solenoid
11. New Interstate MTZ-78 AGM Battery
12. Fuel Pump

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that little tower is the PITA location. You basically have to break that top of the little tower, to get those out and in, unless you did as I did.

The other tower one is tearing, I can see it in the pic, and so are the fingers at the very bottom right and very top right, in the pic.

Yes, it needs a bath in there, too!

I bought the fingers at ebay for $14.95 and free shipping. There is supposed to be 8 fingers and I received 9 fingers.
Can you point me to the seller..? I looked but apparently my eBay fu is weak.
What about melting the plastic welds out, and then pulling off the top..? Wouldn’t that work..? Although, I wouldn’t want to melt them too much, so they’d be visible from the top side either..

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I am talented enough to melt the plastic weld and not screw it up. The fingers guy is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/202648127218

A new cupholder assembly was sold by a guy but many others have used units. The new one was $75 and the used ones are $40 to $45.
Thanks man. Damn, that’s ridiculous..! I was thinking of that but probably not for that amount…!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sometimes items that are being sold also allow you to make a bid/offer and then wait and see if seller accepts the bid.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Now yous guys got me lookin at my drink holder fingers…. In pretty good shape, but I am missing one… funny, I had never noticed until I read this thread… not sure it’s worth it.. I guess this is one of the PITA ones…
View attachment 304716
Well, if you pry it off just have some super glue handy lol. I fixed those "fingers" on the armrest in the 2nd row. That was fun.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Can you point me to the seller..? I looked but apparently my eBay fu is weak.
What about melting the plastic welds out, and then pulling off the top..? Wouldn’t that work..? Although, I wouldn’t want to melt them too much, so they’d be visible from the top side either..
Not even worth trying to melt it back. Once you break it off, those plastic fingers that were melted will be too short to remedy. Just glue it.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Again, an engineer designed this small plastic tower cap to be plastic welded instead of somehow allowing it to be snapped off. I know that the small plastic piece could fault at the snap place or get lost or whatever but until I went to replace the fingers, I had no reason to mess with it and that snap would have been pristine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz