Plastidip on chrome emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wanting to black out the Tahoe emblems and was wondering if anybody here had use Plastidip on them? Post some pics if you used it so I can see how it looks. Thanks!

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havent used it, but I def is a great alternative to paint.. And if you dont like it, you just peel it back off! I say go for it :)

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did my Denali last month. Looks great, did my grille and emblems. It's really easy to use just practice on some other scrap piece first. You need to find the proper distance to Spray from to get a smooth surface. I found spraying closer to the piece (5" away or so) you'll get really good results. I gave it the pressure washer test and it held up great. I'll try and post pics tmw.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i plastic dip'ed some spare rims i was going to put on and like manny said, just find a good distance, all though i didnt really care, and just sprayed away and actually came out really good. Just didnt get it covered good enough on a few rims. But goes on good and dont do it good, just peel it off.

did see a video once, where i guy just loosely tapped off around his emblem and then sprayed it, and then just slowly peeled off the excess paint around the emblem.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine at home depot. All they carried at my local store was black. You can order white online or a kit where you can mix your own colors. But if you mix your own you have to apply it with a paint gun. auto part stores should carry it as well.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my emblems plasti dipped

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got mine as lowes as well. Had a bunch of them, black, white, yellow, and one more.

Edgar -- Pic dont show, only

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Manny got anymore pictures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member