Pioneer AVH2330 NEX in Tahoe Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LYK2ROC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-...520355093&sr=8-2&keywords=pioneer+avh-2330nex

This is the unit I am looking to purchase. I have a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid with Factory Bose cd/dvd, rear dvd screen, navigation, back up camera, steering wheel controls, etc. I want bluetooth in the worst way, but why not just spend a little more and get a whole new system?

I just spoke with a gentleman at Crutchfield, and he said that this will not transmit the dvd to the rear monitor. There has to be a way to do this, without purchasing a whole new rear unit. The unit he was recommending was a Boss unit and it was a regular roof console, that could be controlled either way with the Pioneer Unit or just a remote or the controls on the dvd unit itself. But it was another $400. Any ideas? I have a 2016 Silverado and I am spoiled with the Chevy Link, and think this would be a great addition to the Tahoe. Not to mention. Everything would pretty much be hands free. I am a realtor, and I do alot of driving, so it would be very handy. Thanks in advance!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, to answer the first part of your question, you just need the correct harness to retain RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment). The Metra AX-ADGM100 will do that.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/AX-ADGM100

HOWEVER
, the hybrid system goes through your radio. There's a bunch of threads on this in the hybrid section, but no one has yet to successfully swap the radio out.

OP
OP
L

LYK2ROC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, to answer the first part of your question, you just need the correct harness to retain RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment). The Metra AX-ADGM100 will do that.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/AX-ADGM100

HOWEVER
, the hybrid system goes through your radio. There's a bunch of threads on this in the hybrid section, but no one has yet to successfully swap the radio out.

It does go through the radio. It just shows when it is charging and when it isn't. I didn't know that that would affect anything to just not have that anymore...

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if he did it. Seems like no one has done it before, or at least tried. An installer once told me before anything to just disconnect the radio and drive the truck and see what happens.

Eddie08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I might just disconnect the radio and see if all still works fine as I believe its just a lil show for you to watch on your radio . I am tired with the dated stock radio.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would look at the maestro idatalink website, plug in your info (year make model & radio to be used) and see what options it retains, the website will give you complete details of what the idatalink and radio can do or wont do. the idatalink module is programmed via usb on your pc or laptop.

Eddie08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i agree with checking idatalink car cable and module for use with the 2330nex. I just put in the 2300nex in a ford escape. Son programmed module to use the steering wheel controls like he wanted and it also had a OBDII dongle so he could see tire pressure and some other items on the radio. Sure it differs from car to car but for once I just soldered about 12 wires and worked the first time (I rarely have luck the first time).

Rickz04Yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you removed the radio to see if you had any issues?

I saw a video on Youtube of a Hybrid Tahke with an after market radio behind a custom ipad dock, looked pretty damn clean and didnt seem to have issues.

I doubted at first it was a hybrid, but watched the video and the Hybrid emblems were clearly visible. I'm currently considering purchasing a new HU with Navigation or adding iSimple or BlueFusion Blutooth to it.

I've only had my truck for 7 days and I'm already tired of n9t having BT functions.

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta keep this thread alive. We need to get to the bottom of this. We need pics and everything.

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking worst case scenario, that system uses headunit for whatever reason, you swap the HU out completely but keep just the hybrid feed connected to oem HU stashed somewhere in the the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne