PHOTOS!!!-First Round of Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
Looks really good!:happy107: Just my opinion but don't get rid of the Z71 badge and the "Tahoe" badge. Instead just remove the TA and leave HOE.

OP
OP
T

TREYR8D

Reaction score
Unfortunately, last night i had to do a lot more trimming than i expected. Driving it around yesterday i noticed some rubbing after 1 full turn of the steering wheel. When i got home and evaluated it, i had rubbed clean through the well liner on the right side. When i started evaluating the turning while watching i noticed that the tire would hit the outside edge of the front fascia/air dam and move the whole front plastic part. NOT GOOD!!! After doing some detailed looking around, i noticed a bunch of scrapes underneath and some broken plastic mounting pieces. So this leads me to believe the previous owner of this truck bottomed the front end into the ground or was in a low speed front end collision. The whole front fascia piece seems to be tilted downward. also there is a gap large enough to get my fingers in between the top of the grill and the hood. In the end, i just completely removed the air dams, trimmed the wheel well liner, and zip tide it back out of the way. NO RUBBING NOW!!!!! but it did require more trimming than i had anticipated.

I even went with the 285s over the 305s to avoid trimming....

To cover up the hole i created by removing the air dams, I plan on buying some sheet aluminum and creating a cover to fill the hole and secure the bottom of the wheel liner to.

Night Fury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SICK ASS TRUCK! One of my favorites by far! Recommendation! Paint the wheel wells. it makes it look darker and sleeker. i did and i liked it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz