Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always had a bit of a GM full size addiction. I usually always have one in the stable.
I have been watching for a good Denali for a few months and had my eyeballs on this particular one.

Just sold a Suburban and then picked up this Denali

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the Suburban i sold. It only had 53,000 original miles. Which is why i got 6000 for it.

d5.jpg

It's amazing you can take this little stack of paper and turn it into a vehicle that was once worth $50,000 :)

d4.jpg

d13.jpg

Here's a few of my older OBS builds from the past

2000 Tahoe Limited

d8.jpg

d9.jpg

1997 fast bagged Silverado

d6.jpg

d7.jpg

1995 GMC Sierra

d12.jpg

d11.jpg

d10.jpg

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Denali is in great condition. It has a few issues, but that comes with the territory - 195,000 miles on her.
It's previous owner was a snowbird from Canada. I guess it sat in storage for the last 3+ years here in AZ.

Cons:
  • Almost all the fluids were low and needed basic maintenance ✓
  • Needed a new battery ✓
  • Probably the Only color i don't like of the Denali's
  • The front bumper feels a little lose and wobbly on the lower part.
  • The dash cluster gauges dont light up at night, but everything works (information center etc.) ✓
  • None of the front speakers work
  • Needs a new Oil Pressure Sensor (gauge reads 0 or 80 always) ✓

Got the OPS. Just need to put it in. I heard these are a common problem in the NBS?
Anyone replaced it on their 6.0L yet? Let me know if you have any tips.

d14.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Denali is in great condition. It has a few issues, but that comes with the territory - 195,000 miles on her.
It's previous owner was a snowbird from Canada. I guess it sat in storage for the last 3+ years here in AZ.

Cons:
  • Almost all the fluids were low and needed basic maintenance ✓
  • Needed a new battery ✓
  • The front bumper feels a little lose and wobbly on the lower part.
  • The dash cluster gauges dont light up at night, but everything works (information center etc.)
  • None of the front speakers work
  • Needs a new Oil Pressure Sensor (gauge reads 0 or 80 always)

Got the OPS. Just need to put it in. I heard these are a common problem in the NBS?
Anyone replaced it on their 6.0L yet? Let me know if you have any tips.

d14.jpg
I did mine but the intake manifold was off so it was a piece of cake. You need the special socket because a regular deep won't fit over it and unfortunately you'll have to do yours by feel, kinda like spark plug #8.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking ride

thanks!

I would have paid 8500 for that Burban. May have done $6k on the Denali pending mileage

I worked on that Suburban for over a year. Had no brakes, was trashed on the inside, tires were shot, wouldnt start, electrical problems, bad hub, ABS lights, AC vent wouldnt open. List goes on. Got everything back to normal and got rid of it. My friends didn't think i would even get $3500 for it. I felt i would get $6k. Worked out well in the long run. I wasn't in love with it

Such clean rides. How many miles on the Denali?
Edit: never mind!

thanks, RR. She's got 195k on her

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did mine but the intake manifold was off so it was a piece of cake. You need the special socket because a regular deep won't fit over it and unfortunately you'll have to do yours by feel, kinda like spark plug #8.

ahh, cool. yeah i saw vids but they were all with the smaller engine. everyone says you need small hands and a mirror or something. I haven't even torn the covers and plastics off to see it.

I can't believe how much work you have done to yours. All the way down to the valve train now? If i got that far, the truck would probably never run again haha

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basic stuff: Faded Headlights

d15.jpg

Wet-sand. Soapy water and 1000grit, then 2000, then 3000/trizac

d16.jpg

d17.jpg

Buff out with Ultimate Compound and the Griot's Garage Orbital on 6

d18.jpg

Wax

d19.jpg

Done

d20.jpg

The white boobs :) on the lower turn signal are really bad. no hope for them. Probably replace them anyways