passenger side mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil S.

Reaction score
I was replacing both mirrors and after getting the drivers side done, I opened up the trim on the passsenger side. The wire for the mirror is pulled pretty taunt in the downward direction. I cannot access the plug because of this. I think I will wait until it is warmer outside to take the door panel off. My question is with the interior door panel off will I be able to access the wires and find where they are snagged?

I also plan on doing the interior LED swap at the time. Any suggestions on how to remove door panel. I don't want to break all the Christmas tree clips

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my mirrors and I also found my passenger side plug was very low in the door and hard to get to. I thought that problem was specific to my truck. Now I wonder if it's a common thing.

I took my time, and pulled on the mirror wires enough to where I could see the plug and wrap a stiff wire around the plug to prevent it from falling back down. You can see how I changed my mirrors HERE.

If you do end up needing to take the door panels off, you can see how I did mine a while ago HERE.

I don't know with 100% certainty if you could get to the wiring without the door panel on, but I would imagine that you could.
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

Good Luck with yours!

EDIT: Odds are that your gonna break some of those clips and some may already be broken. Just buy 20 new ones (10 per side).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phil S.

Phil S.

Reaction score
your heated mirror replacement was my guide and I thank you for it. The only change I did to the procedure was after I dropped a nut into the door GRRRRRR!. I then stuffed newspaper into the space below the work area in the door so that when I dropped a second one I could retrieve it easily. I also used a small amount of scotch tape to hold the nut to the socket when I was re installing them so it made it easier to hold them in place.
I pulled all the newspaper out when I was done and the tape broke off as I tightened the nuts down so there was no issue there either.

I will do the passenger mirror soon I just don't want to monkey with it in the cold weather. I am only replacing it so it matches the drivers side exactly. I plan on doing the interior LED upgrade soon so I will probably do it then while trying to replace the lights on the door switches.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool! I'm glad that you found the guide usefull.

I know what you mean about dropping the nut. I was so worried about it. I didn't think of putting something in place to catch a nut if it dropped. Good Idea.

At first I was thinking of leaving the nut in the door if it dropped, and use another nut for the mirror, but I wondered if the dropped one would rattle in the door and drive me nuts. So I figured that if I dropped one, I would have to take the door panel off to retrieve it. Didn't want to do that, so I took my time. When my hands would get cramped playing with that back nut, I would take a break, etc.

I hear ya about the cold. I have small hands and did mine in the summer, and I still cussed alot and it took forever.

twopoint

Reaction score
Well he's right about the small hands, I too followed the guide to replace my non-heated mirror.
But my hands are not so small, I had a hell of a time with the nuts, ended up
dropping one.
so far, no rattle yet

and yes the plug was really tight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz