Passenger seat dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoDiddley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello : 07 Yukon passenger seat dead stuck full forward. This seat does not have heat, or electric back motion but it does have electric for all the other positions. I have went through all the fusses in the engine compartment and the block on the dash. I litterily looked at every fuse just to be sure I did not miss one. Left seat works fine. I cannot tell if it is getting juice to the switch as I am trying to keep from taking the seat out. No clicking at the switch or motors, just dead. Am I missing something hopefully? I do not trust my dealer for past experiences or I would take it thier. Thank you

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say most likely your motor is dead. Same thing happened to me in my 95 but luckily for me it happened when all the way back and I'm tall....

OP
OP
B

BoDiddley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would say most likely your motor is dead. Same thing happened to me in my 95 but luckily for me it happened when all the way back and I'm tall....

Thanks but thier are multiple motors and they can't all be dead buy chance?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Multiple motors that move that seat back and forth??? :think:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did I read it wrong then? Didn't you state that you could no longer move it back and forth? :shrug:

When you click the switch can you here it clicking or anything like it's trying to do something or does it just sit there making no noises when you attempt to move the seat back?

OP
OP
B

BoDiddley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did I read it wrong then? Didn't you state that you could no longer move it back and forth? :shrug:

When you click the switch can you here it clicking or anything like it's trying to do something or does it just sit there making no noises when you attempt to move the seat back?

No back and forth movment, when it is working the seat moves with motors everything but the back of the seat. That is the only manual operation with a lever. Nothing to the switches, dead. Driver seat is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts