Passenger Rear Window Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hulk66049

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 GMC Yukon XL. I've had a problem with the passenger rear window since we purchased the vehicle nearly 4 years ago. Using the driver's window controls I can roll the rear passenger window down, but it will not roll up. To roll the window up, I have to reach back and use the control at the door. While this isn't a huge issue, it is a bit of a pain. Recently I had some other issues that I suspected may have been caused by the driver's controls, so I purchased replacement controls from a local guy who parts these vehicles out. I brought the controls home, and when I hooked them up, I got all of the same issues. Curious if anyone has any suggestions on what might be going on, or how to troubleshoot where the issue is.

Blackie

Reaction score
Update: I just saw your other thread where you found the problem.

Do you have a voltmeter? I would test to make sure you have voltage at the drivers door switch while trying to roll the window up. If you don't, you might have a break in the wire from the drivers switch to the rear passenger door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk