Parking Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted aftermarket parking sensors to their rigs? I see tons of generic kits on Amazon and got a great deal on one for $8.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted aftermarket parking sensors to their rigs? I see tons of generic kits on Amazon and got a great deal on one for $8.
you can get some off the Cadillac Escalade 2006 had the backup sensors you will also need the ECU reprogrammed as it's tied into the radio. I suggest taking a unit from a cadillac escalade you will also need the LED thingy that goes in the rear of the SUV

I suggest getting one from a
"jaguar" the system is quite primitive and does not require the ECU (but you will have to tie it into the back up light system...) or some sorta manual switch..

i would not get an aftermarket kit poorly made at best

Last edited:
OP
OP
slypher25aussie

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which year Jags?

I thought about the Escalade retrofit, but they’re slim pickings around here for those and it seems more trouble than it’s worth for a simple mod.

For the cheap one, it’s literally just four sensors, a brain box and a beeper. Just needs wiring into the backup lights. Easy peasy.

OP
OP
slypher25aussie

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can get some off the Cadillac Escalade 2006 had the backup sensors you will also need the ECU reprogrammed as it's tied into the radio. I suggest taking a unit from a cadillac escalade you will also need the LED thingy that goes in the rear of the SUV

I suggest getting one from a
"jaguar" the system is quite primitive and does not require the ECU (but you will have to tie it into the back up light system...) or some sorta manual switch..

i would not get an aftermarket kit poorly made at best
Which year Jags?

I thought about the Escalade retrofit, but they’re slim pickings around here for those and it seems more trouble than it’s worth for a simple mod.

For the cheap one, it’s literally just four sensors, a brain box and a beeper. Just needs wiring into the backup lights. Easy peasy.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which year Jags?

I say give the low cost ones a try. If they last, great. If not, how much are you out total?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ynot411