Park Assist Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skmcclain31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I switched out my grill the other day on my 2016 Yukon Denali. Put everything back together and plugged up the park assist cord. Since then everytime I drive I get a "service park assist" message. My front sensors are not working. I unplugged it and plugged it again and it is still not working. Any ideas?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

How do you know they are not working? Just because of the "service park assist"? If they were working before the grill swap, then you need to recheck your work at all the plug ins. You might try doing a reset by disconnecting the battery for 3-5 minutes and then reconnect.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving follow-up questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
skmcclain31

skmcclain31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

How do you know they are not working? Just because of the "service park assist"? If they were working before the grill swap, then you need to recheck your work at all the plug ins. You might try doing a reset by disconnecting the battery for 3-5 minutes and then reconnect.
Before I changed the grill, when I would park it would beep and show me how close I was to what was in front of me, now it doesn't do anything. The only thing I unplugged was the main plug. And I have unplugged it again to try to reset it. I have also disconnected the battery, too, with no difference.

OP
OP
skmcclain31

skmcclain31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving follow-up questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Attachments

• 20230612_120114.jpg
    20230612_120114.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 6

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have you listened for the park assist sensors "working noises"? You can either use your cell phone, I am told, and get right up against the sensors one at a time and it should record a geiger counter noise. Or, I have used my mechanic's stethoscope, with my cup adaptor and was able to clearly hear the sensors when working. Maybe, just maybe, one of the sensors has failed. The tool I use is this: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-52750-...&sprefix=mechanics+stethoscope,aps,150&sr=8-5

Damn thing works great. I can easily hear the sensor noise when using that cup adaptor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts