painting interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should i strip all the paint and restart or do you think it would stick on the paint thats on doors now? so has anyone used the paint to do the carpet or seats? they did it on the web site but they can say anything will work!!!!lol

Spend a day and read my thread, not trying to avoid answering you but within my thread there are many posts where I explained the proper processes.

If the paint is coming off on it's own, I'd say yes start over. If scratched by a hard surface (like plastic to plastic) it will definitely come off.

As for the carpet, yes you can paint that and there are instructions on vinylpro.com.

As for the seats, I wouldn't think the results would last but I've never done it.

B

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
should i strip all the paint and restart or do you think it would stick on the paint thats on doors now? so has anyone used the paint to do the carpet or seats? they did it on the web site but they can say anything will work!!!!lol

Here. Perfect example on what can be accomplished if we do a bit of searchin'..

BOSS' thread on the interior redo..

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bigblkho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spend a day and read my thread, not trying to avoid answering you but within my thread there are many posts where I explained the proper processes.

If the paint is coming off on it's own, I'd say yes start over. If scratched by a hard surface (like plastic to plastic) it will definitely come off.

As for the carpet, yes you can paint that and there are instructions on vinylpro.com.

As for the seats, I wouldn't think the results would last but I've never done it.

B

thanks your truck is sick.... i tryed gloss black and it looks like shit so im going to try flat black. the only part the paint is coming off it the driver arm rest on the door. so im just going to strip everything and start over...

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boss...did you heat the carpet up or just start prying and pulling?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boss...did you heat the carpet up or just start prying and pulling?

I ran a razor blade as close to the edges of the door panel as I could, cutting as big of a circle of carpet as I could. then I started on one end and used a big flat head to start prying it up. It's a pain...took me 4-6 hours minimum. You have to get it out of the crevices which is the worst part, if you dont - you have a hard time stuffing the new carpet (or suede) into the crevices. Plus if you dont get the crevices, you risk having your bond coming undone because you are glueing to the original carpet.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove