painted my chrome grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Blue looks sick! Very nice. But anyone looking to do this, once you use automotive paint over Plastidip, it doesn't peel like normal.

Ddbell21

Reaction score
I just plastic dipped the valance and was wondering about putting a clear coat on over it. I think I will now. BTW truck looks great

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@austinfranze thanks for making this thread. Helped me out a lot and now mine is colored matched thanks a lot. ge6aruhu.jpg

OP
OP
austinfranze

austinfranze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@austinfranze thanks for making this thread. Helped me out a lot and now mine is colored matched thanks a lot. ge6aruhu.jpg

man that looks awesome. i like it a lot.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

well i finally got around to painting the bowtie on my tahoe. theres about 6 coats of paint so maybe itll help protect it against chipping. color is "rustoleum aluminum"

WP_20140319_006_zpsdfe5204f.jpg

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Sharp, love the silver and blue look. Seeing your pic makes me wish it was warmer here so I can paint my inserts black.

OP
OP
austinfranze

austinfranze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sharp, love the silver and blue look. Seeing your pic makes me wish it was warmer here so I can paint my inserts black.

thank you. i had the bowtie blue for 2 weeks after i painted my grill because it got cold lol. i like the front bumper on your tahoe. is it a bumper or a bumper cover?

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
thank you. i had the bowtie blue for 2 weeks after i painted my grill because it got cold lol. i like the front bumper on your tahoe. is it a bumper or a bumper cover?

Thank you, I had no bowtie for 2 weeks for the same reason. It's a Denali style bumper cover made by Pirana. I'm waiting for it to warm back up and a day off work to put on the lower grille and fogs.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Thank you, I had no bowtie for 2 weeks for the same reason. It's a Denali style bumper cover made by Pirana. I'm waiting for it to warm back up and a day off work to put on the lower grille and fogs.

Dig that Denali bunper cover. But that gap is crazy big! Able to get that gap fixed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts