Painted grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone paint or coat the front grill anymore?

I'm not a big chrome guy and was thinking about painting the chrome grill when ours arrives. Does anyone do that anymore or is the style/trend to just swap the entire grill out?

Wanted to color match it but am not having any luck finding many pictures. I wanted to get some ideas or at least see what it looks like before having it done.

Anyone have any? :D

Chevrolet-Tahoe_Z71_2015_1600x1200_wallpaper_0c.jpg

Also, is the chrome above the headlight removable or is it one piece with the entire housing?

2015-chevrolet-tahoe-ltz-headlight-photo-599020-s-1280x782.jpg

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Easy to paint. Where in TX are you? May be able to help you out.

OP
OP
G

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm north side of Houston, where are you located?

OP
OP
G

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Chrome trim above the headlight is removable or is the headlight a complete piece including chrome?

phantasms

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you end up going with? I've got an LTZ on the way and I definitely need to change the grill. Not sure if I should paint/wrap/dip it black, swap with a regular Tahoe grill, or other. lol

Thanks!

Best,
Gene

OP
OP
G

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer I ordered the Tahoe with tried to raise the agreed (in writing price) when the truck arrived. I told them no thanks and ended up finding a Yukon last minute and they matched the price I wanted so now I'm researching Yukon parts..lol. I had everything planned for a Tahoe so now I'm lost trying to find Yukon stuff. :emotions33:

At this point I just want to remove the horrible large GMC letters from the front/back and get rid of the chrome... :banghead:

phantasms

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealer I ordered the Tahoe with tried to raise the agreed (in writing price) when the truck arrived. I told them no thanks and ended up finding a Yukon last minute and they matched the price I wanted so now I'm researching Yukon parts..lol. I had everything planned for a Tahoe so now I'm lost trying to find Yukon stuff. :emotions33:

At this point I just want to remove the horrible large GMC letters from the front/back and get rid of the chrome... :banghead:

Send me your Tahoe list maybe I can put it to some use! lol

Yeah man I couldn't stand that grill and GMC letters which is why I went Tahoe even with the old school engine and tranny. I don't like any I see on the road. Although many on here which have modded grills look damn hot.