Owners mamual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abearsfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a owners manual cover/binder and I just didn't get mine? Does anyone feel as I do that a $60k + vehicle should have a nice manual cover/binder.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is an "Owner's MaMual" a mamual for the wife's goodies? ;)

If you have your vehicle manual without a cover it may have been taken or robbed by the dealer to make someone else happy.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the glove box? It is usually the size of a diary or address book. It gives you the workings of the vehicle, like how to change a tire or relearn the TPS. It comes in handy, but if you're looking for technical diagrams, electrical schematics and the like you are SOL. You need to buy those on your own dime. That's unless you can get one of the mechanics at the dealership to slip them to you. If not beware of the on-line manual scams. If you know how to navigate the web you should be fine. Aloha & welcome to the Forum! Any pics of your new ride? Bill

P.S. I think Chilton Manuals are still available on line. They are very detailed and thorough.

OP
OP
abearsfan

abearsfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks all....I have the manual but shouldn't there be a cover that the manual sits in vice it being in a plastic bag in the glove box. I bought my kid an I expensive ford focus and even that manual was in a cover.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hell, my 2005 Tahoe came with the original manual and a nice leather cover.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
At these prices they should give you a nice binder for the manual. I bet the Escalade gets one. They are penny pinching.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all....I have the manual but shouldn't there be a cover that the manual sits in vice it being in a plastic bag in the glove box. I bought my kid an I expensive ford focus and even that manual was in a cover.

Same here, paper book, no cover. No spare tire strap either. sigh...

My Yukon just got delivered on Friday, and I picked it up that afternoon. The manual itself doesn't have a cover -- but it comes in a nice storage portfolio thingy. I will take a pic and post it when I get out of the office.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No cover on my manual nor do I want one... The glove box is tight enough as is. Plus I almost always use the digital copy of the manual...much easier to search for what you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st