Overdrive Alternator Pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr Tahoe

Reaction score
Can someone give me the non tech explination of how it works, and if it adds risk to blowing fuses?

I have flex-a-lite efans that put a active move on the volt meter when they kick on. It also drops the idle for a split second. Will an overdrive Pulley be helpful?

Or is this normal and nothing to worry about. Nothing else seems to suffer. At normal driviong speed I can't feel any performance drop, but the needle still waives back and forth with the fans are on 100%. If I am on he pedal while towing, I can tell a diffenece in pull when the fans are on or off. Still much better than when I had the mechanical fan!

mindanaomoro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I read many posting of others using the pulley and it really work. Basically using this pulley will make your alternator spin more making more output, and like others are saying after they installed one of these they no longer have the drop of voltage at idle when the Efan kicked in full power.

armandjones82

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone give me the non tech explination of how it works, and if it adds risk to blowing fuses?

I have flex-a-lite efans that put a active move on the volt meter when they kick on. It also drops the idle for a split second. Will an overdrive Pulley be helpful?

Or is this normal and nothing to worry about. Nothing else seems to suffer. At normal driviong speed I can't feel any performance drop, but the needle still waives back and forth with the fans are on 100%. If I am on he pedal while towing, I can tell a diffenece in pull when the fans are on or off. Still much better than when I had the mechanical fan!

Try to really observe every little bit of detail in doing such things on your vehicle on that one. In this way, you would be able to learn all the things that you might be needed for the correct fixation of the fans to make sure everything will went well.

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try to really observe every little bit of detail in doing such things on your vehicle on that one. In this way, you would be able to learn all the things that you might be needed for the correct fixation of the fans to make sure everything will went well.
:think:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemilioflores89